As Overnight Host (ONH), you are welcome to join the dinner volunteers and the Family Promise (FP) Guests for dinner at 6:45pm. Please let the FP Dinner Coordinator know if you are planning to eat dinner with the group, as this will impact the amount of food needed.
If you are not dining with the others, please arrive in Grace Hall by 8:00pm. The Dinner Volunteers will give you any specific instructions that have been left that day. (Often FP Guests have schedule changes that need to be communicated.)
Beds are provided for our ONH in the classrooms on the first floor. Please bring your own linens, or a sleeping bag, as well as a pillow, towel, toiletries, cell phone, etc. Remember to take these items with you when you depart the following morning!
Your duties as ONH include:
- Meet FP Guests and receive any last minute instructions from dinner volunteers.
- Chat and interact with the Guests until they retire to their rooms. Find out if they will be using the alarm on their phones in the morning, or if they would like you to knock on their door at a specific time.
- Lock all doors.
- In the morning, wake Guests, if requested.
- Put out breakfast foods. Coffee machine is a Keurig, so no need to make coffee.
- Eat breakfast with the Guests in Grace Hall. (Sometimes mornings are hectic and breakfast becomes more of a “Grab and Go”.)
- When Guests have departed in the van, put away breakfast foods and clean up kitchen area.
Your departure time should be around 7am.