The main responsibility of Finance Committee is to ensure sound financial management of the parish and the school. This committee provides ongoing guidance to the Pastor and Parish Council to ensure the efficient and effective handling of parish finances.
With the assistance of the Director of Finance & Operations, the Finance Committee:
- Reviews financial statements and budgets
- Evaluates and make recommendations for fundraising
- Develops plans for financing necessary repairs, renovations and purchase of equipment
- Communicates the financial status of the parish to the Parish Council and the Pastor
- Oversees parish revenue, expenditures and parish investments
- Develops a long term financial strategic plan for the Parish
The Committee is comprised of five members from the parish, plus the Director of Finance & Operation and the Pastor. Members are requested to serve a 3 year term. A member can serve multiple terms. Meetings are usually held quarterly, corresponding with important dates for the parish and school.
How to Volunteer for the Finance Committee
If you are interested in serving on the Parish Finance Committee, click here and complete the Parish Finance Committee Application form. Selections take place when necessary to replace members completing their terms of service.